Need a last minute present for a friend or family member? Looking for a thoughtful thank-you gift for your favorite stylist, dog walker, babysitter, teacher or doorman?
Chances are they have plenty of cute holiday mugs and coffee-shop gift cards. Why not think creatively and give them the gift of foot care? We all spend long hours on our feet and a gift that helps their feet feel good will last long into the New Year.
Creative Gifts To Pamper the Feet
Stavros O. Alexopoulos, DPM suggest an item from this gift list for that special someone who needs some TLC for tired and achy feet:
- A collection of lavish foot creams and lotions. Add a foot scrub, brush and loofah sponge for a soothing touch.
- Bath crystals and foot scrubbers packaged together to cleanse and exfoliate.
- An under-the-desk foot rest to elevate the feet and ease tired feet.
- Yoga sandals to help with posture and balance.
- An electric foot warmer to place at the end of the bed for extra warmth on cold nights.
- A personal set of pedicure tools for use at home or at a nail salon.
- A foot scrubber that goes in the shower – this is helpful for anyone with balance problems.
- A generous collection of stylish nail polishes in an eye-catching basket.
- A foot massager with heat and soothing compression features.
- Travelers will love a take-along foot care kit with nail clippers, moisturizer, emery board, blister pads and antibiotic cream zippered into a flowered pouch. Compression socks to help circulation during long flights will be welcome too.
- Quality socks made especially for those with diabetes. Look for features like acrylic fiber, extra padding, non-binding tops and seamless construction to protect the feet.
- A kitchen mat specially constructed to relieve fatigue and aching feet while doing cooking chores.
- Pamper a runner with shoe arch supports to keep running footwear dry and fresh.
- Heated slippers that warm up with USB power, batteries or in the microwave. Note that these are not a good idea for those with diabetes.
No time for shopping? Grab a gift certificate to a full-service salon or spa for a foot massage and pedicure.
A gift of foot care will keep on giving long after the holidays are over!
Please Let Us Help You with All Aspects of Foot Health
Dr. Alexopoulos, board certified podiatrist has the right experience to treat all kinds of foot and ankle problems. Many treatments and surgeries can be addressed right here in our office. Please call our Chicago office at (773) 561-8100 or request an appointment via the website. Don’t let a foot problem get worse – call us today!