Have you ever wondered what those shoe inserts you see at pharmacies do for you? They can provide support for your feet in areas that need it the most! And while those ones do its job, the custom-made orthotics by our podiatrists do not compare!
Read about the many benefits these foot care essentials:
- Custom orthotics can provide immense relief from foot pain and give you the support you need on a daily basis to extend your range of mobility and minimize pain. If you have flat feet, they can also give your arches the necessary support to prevent discomfort and pain.
- Orthotics help to ease uneven weight bearing for your foot and significantly redistribute pressure along your entire foot! They can promote healing as pain may no longer be felt by susceptible parts of your feet.
- Orthotics can assist with preventing injuries for athletes by placing the foot in the ideal position to minimize stress away from sensitive areas of the feet. By helping to reduce pain and extend foot longevity, orthotics can bring much-needed care to your feet right away.
- Orthotics can help to spread your weight evenly along your foot and decrease pressure on specific areas so that injuries can heal easier.
- If you have any foot deformities, orthotics can provide and help to alleviate discomfort and pain associated with these issues.
- Orthotics provide an important functional balance by supporting the hindfoot and forefoot from the potential issues that occur over long periods of time spent standing on your feet.
If you’re curious to learn more about custom orthotics, look no further. Here at Stavros O. Alexopoulos, DPM, our expert podiatrist, Dr. Stavros O. Alexopoulos, can determine how orthotics may be able to treat any specific conditions your feet may be susceptible to. Contact us today for an appointment at our office in Chicago, Illinois. Don’t forget to look at our Patient Education Library to learn more about other foot conditions to see the important role that orthotics can play in defending your feet from them!